Last week, I introduced a critical bill to the NSW Upper House: the Racehorse Legislation Amendment (Welfare and Registration) Bill 2020. This bill is crucial to reducing suffering and deaths in the NSW horse racing industry, as it would: ban whips, tongue ties, and...
The public have made up their mind. The science is clear. The whip needs to be banned. Here’s how you can help.
Did you see Professor Paul McGreevy's fantastic article in The Conversation? McGreevy is a Professor of Animal Behaviour and Animal Welfare Science at the University of Sydney, who recently published a landmark scientific paper showing that horses have the capability...
MEDIA RELEASE: “It’s time to ban whips in horse racing and ban sending racehorses to knackeries”: NSW Animal Justice Party MP Mark Pearson to introduce controversial horse racing bill to NSW Parliament
Upper House MP for the Animal Justice Party, Mark Pearson, will introduce a bill to NSW Parliament this month to ban the use of whips, tongue-ties and spurs in horse racing. Mr Pearson is set to introduce his bill to NSW Parliament on Wednesday, November 18. “Whips,...
- MEDIA RELEASE: Farmers, shooters, and “kangaroo haters” encouraged to join kangaroo population survey February 25, 2021
- My bill to save racehorses has been introduced to the Upper House February 23, 2021
- My Facebook has been taken down – but I’m still here! February 18, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: “Koalas are worth more than timber”: damning logging survey shows community groups are picking up the slack of NSW Government’s environmental incompetence, says Animal Justice Party MP Mark Pearson February 3, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: NSW Government response to state koala inquiry is “dangerous lip service” January 13, 2021