Upper House MP for the Animal Justice Party Mark Pearson has slammed the NSW Government for allowing horse racing and greyhound racing to continue as the state’s Covid-19 situation worsens. Both horse racing and greyhound racing are set to continue across the...
Sunday's vigil for greyhounds has been postponed. Due to Sydney's new COVID-19 restrictions, Greyhound Racing NSW has postponed its awards luncheon at The Fullerton Hotel on 27 June. This means the vigil organised by Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds, which...
MEDIA RELEASE: Greyhounds gather at Martin Place as peaceful protestors stand against the racing industry as Greyhound Racing NSW parties just 200 metres away
A vigil for the victims of the greyhound racing industry will be held at Martin Place at midday, Sunday 27 June. The event will take place at the same time as Greyhound Racing NSW’s annual “Greyhound of the Year Award” function, just 200 metres away at the...
MEDIA RELEASE: ‘A vote for greyhound cruelty’: Wollondilly Councillors urged to oppose “archaic” motion supporting greyhound racing
Wollondilly Shire Council will tonight vote on a divisive motion that could see Council commit resources to supporting the greyhound racing industry. If passed, the motion put forward by Councillor Matthew Deeth would see Wollondilly Council commit its support to “the...
- MEDIA RELEASE: NSW MP slams the “disgraceful” continuation of horse racing and greyhound racing during Covid-19 “national emergency” July 23, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: “We can’t pretend it’s not happening here” – NSW MP calls for ban on slaughter of racehorses after reports thousands of British horses are killed in slaughterhouses July 22, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: 50 Moree pigeons killed by insecticide as Animal Justice MP condemns Australian “culture of cruelty” toward wildlife July 15, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: Kangaroo controversy as NSW Government quietly allows killing plan to progress before welfare inquiry tables evidence, as outraged wildlife groups call for federal intervention July 8, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: RACING NSW FAILS TO REPORT HORSE CRUELTY: Part of racehorse’s tongue “died” and had to be surgically removed after trainer left a tongue tie on, MP exposes in cruelty complaint to RSPCA July 6, 2021