Despite being an ecological and cultural keystone species, the dingo is the only native mammal in NSW not protected under the Biodiversity Conservation Act. Every day, dingoes are shot and trapped by local councils and landholders. Even in national parks,...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 13/05/2022 Upper House MP for the Animal Justice Party Mark Pearson has introduced a controversial bill to New South Wales Parliament that would ban the killing of dingoes. If passed, the Dingo Cultural Heritage and Protection Bill 2022...
Statement from the Hon. Mark Pearson, MLC: "Yesterday morning the Animal Justice Party was made aware of two photos circulating on social media of two dingoes caught in traps, apparently in the Scone region of NSW. There were claims these dingoes had been trapped for...
- Mark Pearson’s valedictory speech November 11, 2022
- Yuin Declaration for Kangaroos arrives at NSW Parliament House November 7, 2022
- MEDIA STATEMENT: Duck decapitators’ $450 sentences “not strong enough” to deter violent offenders, NSW MP says August 5, 2022
- Results of the Summer Kangaroo Count 2022 July 18, 2022
- MEDIA RELEASE: Mulesing ban to be raised in NSW Parliament, as horrific new footage sparks debate June 28, 2022