27th September 2018 A small victory for the Animal Justice Party. Although the NSW Government will not support the AJP's Right to Release Bill, it will implement sections of it by way of regulation. The Hon. Niall Blair (Minister for Primary Industries NSW)...
21st June 2018 Second Reading Speech. Right to release Bill 2018. https://youtu.be/-koEtWAX12E SECOND READING SPEECH I am pleased to introduce the Animal Research Amendment (Reduction in Deaths of Dogs and Cats Used for Research) Bill 2018. This is a bill that...
2nd June 2016 MEDIA RELEASE Today the Hon. Mark Pearson from the Animal Justice Party informed the NSW Legislative Council of his intent to introduce a bill to ban circuses from using animals in NSW. The bill will seek to amend the Exhibited Animals Protection Act...
- MEDIA RELEASE: NSW MP slams the “disgraceful” continuation of horse racing and greyhound racing during Covid-19 “national emergency” July 23, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: “We can’t pretend it’s not happening here” – NSW MP calls for ban on slaughter of racehorses after reports thousands of British horses are killed in slaughterhouses July 22, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: 50 Moree pigeons killed by insecticide as Animal Justice MP condemns Australian “culture of cruelty” toward wildlife July 15, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: Kangaroo controversy as NSW Government quietly allows killing plan to progress before welfare inquiry tables evidence, as outraged wildlife groups call for federal intervention July 8, 2021
- MEDIA RELEASE: RACING NSW FAILS TO REPORT HORSE CRUELTY: Part of racehorse’s tongue “died” and had to be surgically removed after trainer left a tongue tie on, MP exposes in cruelty complaint to RSPCA July 6, 2021