9th August 2019
NOTICE OF MOTION
I give notice that on the next sitting day I will move:
- That this house commends the Australian Broadcasting Corporation for the Foreign Correspondent episode “high Steaks” that aired on 6th August 2019 which discussed the future of meat.
- That this House notes that:
- “Alternative” meats derived from plant protein are now a multibillion dollar industry struggling to keep up with demand.
- “Clean” meats derived from cell cultures are currently in development and will change how we view meat forever.
- Conservative estimates suggest that 60 per cent of meat eaten in 2040 will be not derived from animal slaughter.
- Alternative meats use approximately 87 per cent less water, 96 per cent less land and 89 per cent fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared to their water guzzling. Ecoli infested and cruelty-riddled animal-meat industry competitors.