The community was shocked and appalled when claims of kittens being left to die in freezers at its Wagga council's Glenfield Road Animal Shelter was exposed. Further claims of dogs wrongly killed, reports of pets going missing from official records and other animals...
18th April 2016 The Hon Mark Pearson, MLC for the Animal Justice Party is visiting Broken Hill on the 18 and 19th April to attend the Stock Theft and Trespass Review public meeting to participate in a discussion about the problem of illegal hunting and theft on rural...
6th April 2016 Last night I was privileged to be a panellist on the Voiceless Rethinking Kangaroos seminar. The seminar was a great success and brought together the different perspectives of kangaroo suffering and slaughter across Australia. The kangaroo is the...
- MEDIA RELEASE: Six million lambs mutilated without pain relief in NSW every year: NSW Animal Justice Party MP Mark Pearson calls on the community to give their feedback on a new bill that would mandate pain relief for mulesing July 10, 2020
- MEDIA RELEASE: Koalas to be extinct in NSW before 2050: MP Mark Pearson condemns prior government inaction on habitat protection “a chainsaw to the last koala tree in the bush” June 30, 2020
- MEDIA RELEASE: “It’s battery cages for dogs”: NSW Animal Justice Party MP Mark Pearson condemns government’s new welfare code for greyhounds June 16, 2020
- MEDIA RELEASE: Independent Office of Animal Protection Recommended To Government June 4, 2020
- MEDIA RELEASE: Manyana bush clearing and development is “a nail in the coffin for local wildlife” May 27, 2020